Sunday, February 18, 2007

If identity just gets in the way, what do you do?


Can you not have identity? How do you get rid of it?

I can't find anything on the web about how to get rid of it. Then again, maybe it doesn't get in the way. That's just what I heard. It's an invitation to distortion. Or maybe distortion's an invitation to identity. My new platform.

_________________

& also I just read that notley interview with conrad. I'm not so keen on the trance and tarot talk--probably not knowing enough about tarot makes me not care. I guess I do feel like writing is a meditative state or trance-like but I don't find talking about it that interesting. It's only good when you're in it. now I've piled up all of notley's books to read again since i have a bad memory and only remember "good" or "bad" or "[shrug]" (which I learned recently is one of the few universal gestures meaning "fuck if i know").

the notley books in my pile:

at night the states

mysteries of small houses

desamere

closer to me and closer ... (the language of heaven)

disobedience

the descent of alette

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan W. said...

I really need to read some notley cuz everyone is like notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley notley. I've never read any.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home