Friday, July 27, 2007

yesterday I was visiting friends and eating tasty food and my friend told her 5-yr-old son that i'm a librarian, which he knew, so he nodded. then she told him i'm also a poet, that i write poetry. he looked at me, grabbed his own head, and yelled, "my brain can't understand that!" so i gave him my waterproof watch and he was very happy. it has a clear face so you can see the works. he kept running through the room saying, "i don't have time! i'm in a hurry! it's 2000 and 98!"

2 Comments:

Blogger mark wallace said...

It's amazing how early in their lives American children are taught that they will not be able to understand poetry. By which I mean, that they should not read it.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Ryan W. said...

my brain can't really understand that either.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home