Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I was reading Maureen's blog and it reminded me of a weird moon-dream I had last night. I was riding in a car with three other people, a guy I barely knew driving. It was dark and we were in a sort of deserted hilly area and he was driving really fast on curvy roads, there were trees in the distance and the horizon, and the moon was bright blue with white patterns on it and HUGE, right at the end of the road. When I noticed it, it started pinballing around. We came to a slight hollow with trees and a creek and a cemetery on both sides of the road with lots of mourners visiting their dead, frying eggs right on the tombstones. I remember thinking, "these people must be really poor," because the headstones were made of metal and had doors on them with vents--exactly like stand-alone lockers. Some people were taking the lockers into the creek for a swim. Then my grandfather was there, and I had to tell him something. As I tried to speak, he kept backing away half-turned to me as though in a hurry to get somewhere. I knew he was going to die so if I didn't tell him this important thing now I would never, and I didn't, and he ran off waving to me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Reen said...

Your dreams sound more atmospheric than mine. I dreamt last night that all my teeth cracked and fell out. I was not best pleased.

1:26 PM  
Blogger cathye said...

I have that one too--hate it.

4:01 AM  
Blogger K. Lorraine Graham said...

My teeth don't crack and then fall out, they just fall out. Then the rest of the dream is me looking at my teeth in my hand, puzzled but calm.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home